As the winter season shows its coldness a little bit more, I turn to a soothing and comforting drink. A drink that is inviting and warms my soul right up. Passed down from Grandmother, I am sharing with you my love for tea, a beautiful ginger lemon tea. I was told it helps soothe a bellyache, (anything ginger helps) but I like this tea even when my belly is great.
Fresh Ginger (1/2 inch give or take)
4 cups water
1. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat
2. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice ginger (Ginger can be quite strong if adding too much. I use about a 1/2 inch for 4 cups of water. Use less if you want a milder taste. It’s up to you!)
3. After water is boiling, add ginger slices.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for thirty minutes.
5. Pour into mugs, leaving ginger slices behind. (These can now be trashed). Squeeze a few drops of juice from a lemon into each mug then add a lemon round.
5. Serve warm.
Store the left overs in a pitcher and place into fridge. Warm it up again (stove or microwave) and serve in a mug. Add a splash of fresh lemon and slice at the end! It’s delicious every time!