Here’s the deal and my truth. I hardly bake – okay, it’s so rare, its only for the holidays! But I was motivated from watching Sesame Street (out of all things) and they were making oatmeal cookies. I looked at my two-year old son and said, “Come on buddy! We can do that!” We went into the kitchen and I handed him a bowl to make our magic in. So, we just pulled random things from my kitchen cabinets and through them in the bowl and then, walahhh! I’m so happy I actually made a good, nice, yummy Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookie, and my son through in the chocolate chips for good measure! Please feel free to make revisions – we were having some fun and like I said, I didn’t throw them away and I’m a hard critic of my cooking!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup instant oatmeal (Used Nature’s Promise)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter: melted
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbs. Creme de Coco (Used Goya Creme de Coconut in International Section of grocery store)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. Chocolate Chip pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients together in order. (Should look something like this….)
3. Use a cookie scooper (medium size) and place on baking sheet. (I used a stone because that’s just what I always use. I’m sure they will be fine on an ungreased cookie pan. And also I do spray my stones, I’m in fear that my food will stick! I don’t use Pam, just olive oil in a spritzer) Will yield 12 -14
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes for a metal cookie pan, 17 minutes for a stone. The top will bounce back (chewy inside) when its finished.
5. Let cool
6. Serve and drink with a nice cold glass of milk!
Special Note for me: I would probably add some cranberries next time as well. And thank you Elmo!