I actually had time to make dinner and post it for you tonight! Yay!!! Here’s “my” problem lately. I have me, who is considering becoming a vegetarian again, my husband who LOVES meat, my toddler who looks at things and says, “I dont like that,” and my one year old, who eats almost anything. It has been quite a challenge and I have been creating more dinner meals than I would like to admit just to live up to everyone’s preferences. But tonight was different. I wasn’t about to make four different meals but one. And you know what, they were all going to eat it. I am done. Well, I kind of won. My husband and I ate our food like good boys and girls and my one year old ate everything and my two-year old ate only the orzo. From this I have learned that my orzo is a winner and I will make it again!!
Tonights dinner consist of: shake n bake pork chops (for hubby!), fresh green beans (soaked in butter so both my kids would like it) and my orzo! It was very yummy so of course, I felt compelled to share! I kept it simple and it was approved! Hope you enjoy it as much as all four of us did!
(I do apologize for not having step-by-step instructions. It wasn’t my plan to post this recipe but it was so good, I couldn’t say no!)
2 Tbs butter (divided)
1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
Pinch of fresh oregano
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 cups Orzo
Fresh cherry tomatoes
3 1/2 cups stock (I used vegetable, you can use whatever)
Recipe as follows:
1. Bring stock to a boil in a sauce pan.
2. Add orzo and put heat on medium for ten minutes.
3. In a sauce pan, melt 1 tbs. butter.
4. Add tomatoes for 2-3 minutes so they become soft and some of them will pop!
5. Add seasonings and some salt.
6. When orzo is complete, add it to the saucepan.
7. Add remaining 1 Tbs butter and mix everything together. It’s a party!
8. Cook for another minute or two.
9. Add as much or as little feta cheese and pepper!
10. Serve with green onions (optional)