When I say, “Dinner time! Cauliflower Soup!” I have to be honest, nobody is really running to my table. Not my husband, not my kids; yet, I’m there up and center! What IS the deal? Why is there such a turn … Continue reading
Tag Archives: cauliflower
Cauliflower, Butternut Squash and Fresh Ginger Soup
Every day for lunch, I eat soup. It’s just something easy to heat up while I’m chasing after my kids. And by the way, it also can be good for you! Let’s make something warm and good for the soul! That even tastes good too! (According to my “meat-eating” family member…!) While I was at our local farm market, I saw some ginger and I created this dish around it.
Did you know? Ginger is has amazing properties that has been used for healing the body? What if I told you that it could help muscle pain? What if I told you it could also help women minimize cramps? What if it could also help pregnant women with motion sickness, nausea and vomiting? Can you imagine that you can help your body with these issues naturally? Yup, what an amazing planet we live on!
- 2 turns of olive oil
- 1 large onion: chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic: minced
- 3 cups butternut squash: diced (I bought mine in the grocery store already cut. Saves time!)
- 3 cups cauliflower: chopped
- 29 oz vegetable stock
- 2/3 Apple Juice (I used 40% less sugar, but use what you have on hand)
- 2 inches fresh ginger: chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 Tbs tarragon
- salt and pepper
1. Over medium-low heat add olive oil to the pan.
2. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add squash, cauliflower, ginger, celery seed and tarragon.
4. Saute on low for 8-10 minutes, occasionally stirring (making sure not to burn!)
5. Add stock and apple juice. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 18-20 minutes making sure all flavors combine.
7. When finished, all vegetables will be tender.
8. Use an immersion blender or food processor in batches (being careful not to spill any on yourself!) and puree the soup to a consistancy you like.
9. Ladle in bowls and serve. Enjoy!