Thinking back on my childhood days, I can recall one of my most favorite, easy, staple dishes which was noodles and butter. The simplicity of these two ingredients go perfectly together. Once in a while, I would even add a touch of salt. There is nothing better than butter sliding into the increases of my mouth as I slurped in a pasta noodle.
One of my favorite memories is of my stepmom pulling spaghetti from the fridge, noodles stuck together on a plate, she would place a dab of butter and it turned into a fabulous comfort food. Matter-a-fact, she still eats them this way to this day and because of her, I serve this to my very own little eaters.
- 1 bunch of asparagus: stems removed, rinsed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes: rinsed
- 1-2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/2 lemon: freshly squeezed
- Package of egg noodles
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 6 Tbs of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 clove of garlic: minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 lemon: freshly squeezed
Although I will admit that I take a bite here and there of my children’s pasta with butter, I have made a more “adult” version and included wonderful roasted vegetables. This recipe is perfect for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. If you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely should! The olive oil and sea salt give this old fashion dish of “noodles with butter” a brand new make over. Just when I thought my childhood days of noodles and butter were over, heh, they have just begun! Try variations such as different vegetables, cheese, and even some herbs such as thyme! The possibilities are endless and delicious! Make it as a main dish or even a side dish. Add some crunchy bread and oh yea, butter! Mmm, what a meal! Bring on the pasta!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Place tomatoes and asparagus into a baking sheet or a glass 13×9 dish.
3. Squeeze fresh lemon juice and olive oil and mix. (I used my hands, way more fun than a spoon!)
4. Add salt and pepper and you have now given your vegetables a quick rub-a-dub soak
5. Put in oven for 10 minutes. They should be nice and crisp when they are finished.
Confession time: I ate a lot of the tomatoes and asparagus when they were finished prior to my dish. I just couldn’t help it! One turned into two and then into three… please try to refrain and save some veggies for your delicious dish. I promise, it’s worth it!
6. Make pasta according to directions.
7. Meanwhile, place LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a pan and melt on low to medium low heat.
8. Add lemon and garlic to butter and stir occasionally for a few minutes until butter has all the way melted.
9. Add cooked pasta and vegetables to pan and stir.
10. Turn off heat and serve! Season with salt and pepper if you like.
This dish is perfect for the summer! Go ahead and enjoy yourself!
Be sure to check out LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt pages! I assure you, LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is what makes this dish!
Want more information? Check out their twitter and facebook pages as well!
Oh yeah! I almost forgot…kind of ….I have something for YOU as well!
Answer the following question by leaving a comment and I will give one lucky winner FREE LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt!
Ready: “What is YOUR favorite recipe made with butter?”
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Land O’Lakes is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
We’re just getting started with some great simple and fresh meals for the summer! Grab a drink, relax and read thru the rest of our bloggers dishes!
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
This pasta looks amazing and a perfect pick for this week! Delish!
Love the bright colors in this pasta!
Great idea to roast the veggies first! I do a cold variation of this adding chicken and essentially using a homemade vinaigrette. Your version sounds amazing.
Your dish sounds delicious as well! I love homemade vinaigrettes! YUMMY!
Noodles and butter plus roasted veg! This is going on my menu for sure!
What a beautiful Summer dish that I can’t wait to try! Perfect for Entertaining too! I am honored that you shared it during #SundaySupper
Delish! Roasting always brings out a special flavor in vegetables. Nice pasta dish and great for summer.
This is a great and delicious simple dish! Looks fabulous and I can’t wait to serve this at my family table!
Pingback: Chicken Scallopini for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie
Definitely will be trying this one, I LOVE ASPARAGUS!
Pingback: Pasta With Butter-Thyme Sauce for #SundaySupper
Pingback: Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes #SundaySupper
Pingback: Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter for #SundaySupper with @LandOLakesKtchn
Pingback: Simple and Fresh Summer Tuna Steak Fajitas #SundaySupper
Pingback: Easy Flank Steak with Garlic & Wild Mushrooms for #SundaySupper & a Giveaway! | | Family SpiceFamily Spice
Pingback: Roasted Salmon and Asparagus with Grilled Garlic Bread #SundaySupper - The Daily Dish Recipes
Ok, at the rate you are going with these recipes, I’m going to have to try them all. They all look so GOOD and I love trying new things. Thanks for being you girl ;0)
Thanks Kim! Just move next to me and I’ll cook for you all the time!
I don’t have a particular recipe to name that I use butter in, however, any recipe that calls for oil (usually for pan frying) I always lessen the amount of oil it calls for and increase the amount of butter required. I feel I end up with better flavoring and less oily drippings come off the food (in my opinion).
Pingback: Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls for a Simple and Fresh #SundaySupper | The Meltaways
Well will definitely try this with some veggies, especially asparagus
Yum, my mom used to make egg noodles with butter salt and toast cut up into chunks. Loved it. I may try this pasta dish this week! My favorite recipe with butter is baked mac-n-cheese, simple but delish.
Okay, as if THAT doesn’t sound delicious! YUM! I love baked mac-n-cheese!
Btw, can’t find this butter through peapod, i was going to get some:(
Boo! When I go to Weiss, I’ll see if its there and pick some up for us.I left my butter behind on vaca 😦
Pingback: Grilled Basil Butter Corn for a Simple and Fresh #SundaySupper AND a Giveaway - Supper for a Steal - Supper for a Steal
Pingback: Glazed Chicken w/Butter & Pecan Rice for #SundaySupper « Momma's Meals
Pingback: Bacon & Havarti Quiche ~ Simple and Fresh Summer #SundaySupper with LAND O LAKES® | Juanita's Cocina
This is such a lovely pasta recipe. I adore roasted asparagus so this is a great use for it. Great Sunday Supper recipe.
I love your grown-up version! Roasted veggies tossed with pasta is something I always enjoy as well.
Thank you! I feel “better” when I eat veggies .. Even covered in butter! 🙂
Pingback: Sole Meuniere #SundaySupper Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Amber, this dish looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it. I hope you had a lovely #SundaySupper.
Mmm love the lemon in this. It looks so fresh and tasty
Pingback: Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pingback: Steak With Blue Cheese Butter- Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes for #SundaySupper
Fresh and crisp! Love the colors!
Pingback: The #SundaySupper Team was inspired by @landolakesktchn